Individual Laguna Woods Village residents, as well as Village clubs, often request services from the Video Club. Such requests are handled by our External Video Coordinator (see below). When we cannot provide a requested service, we do one or both of the following:
- Offer to lend the resident or club a consumer camcorder with accessories (and brief instructions) No charge, deposit required. Camcorder loans are made in the Video Lab on Wednesdays and Thursdays during open hours 1-4 pm.
- Provide information about local professional videographers.
John Kelly, External Video Coordinator, accepts and evaluates outside video requests, setting up production plans for videos that fit our basic criteria. To request a shoot, contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org, 949-280-2236
John Kelly is shown above with his wife, Alexandra Scott-Kelly, who is also active in the Video Club.
Basic criteria for accepting an outside video request are that the video be:
- “Do-able” with Video Club resources and time constraints.
- Village-related (for or about a Village resident or group).
- Of interest to Video Club volunteers (providing a community service or offering a learning opportunity).