BULLETIN…The Video Club welcomes Marsha Berman, Friday Video Lab Supervisor, as Chair of our 9th Annual “Academy Awards” Banquet, to be held on Saturday, February 17. Marsha will replace Barbel Dagostino who has chaired several recent banquets. Many thanks to Barbel for her excellent work!!
You promised yourself you’d enter this year. If your contest video isn’t coming together for you yet, here are some winning ideas:
- Re-edit part of a longer video – perhaps from recent travels – into a 4-minute entry.
- Create a video profile of a beloved family member or friend. They’ll appreciate the tribute – and so may the banquet audience.
- Want to improve your golf swing or your flower arranging technique? Why not shoot a “how-to” video – maybe with some humor on the side?
- Pets are sure-fire favorites. Tell us a story about your dog or cat – or even your parakeet.
All entries must:
- Be member-produced
- 4 minutes or less
- Contain some video (still photos OK)
- Be submitted on a USB flash drive in MP4 format or in DVD format playable on DVD player (Blu-Ray OK)
- One entry per member
TOP 10 ENTRIES TO BE SCREENED AT BANQUET
The top 10 entries will be selected by the club’s Video Acceptance Committee (VAC) and screened at our 9th Annual “Academy Awards” Banquet on Saturday, February 16 in the Clubhouse 2 Main Dining Room. Club members in attendance will vote for first, second, and third-place winners.
We’ll also learn the winner of President Steve Carman’s “Name the Statuette Trophy” Contest. In Hollywood, they call him “Oscar.” But what should we call him in Laguna Woods? Suggestions should be submitted to Steve by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to his home address, 5295 Avenida Del Sol, Laguna Woods, CA 92637, by January 15, 2019. Steve says name ideas are coming in thick and fast.
Entries may be brought to the Video Lab during open hours (Tuesday-Friday, 1-4 pm), where a storage box and sign-in sheet will be provided.
Click here to download the contest information sheet and let’s get started!